Thursday, 29 December 2016

Boko Haram: Army dismisses new Shekau video as propaganda

The Nigerian Army has dismissed a new video released on Thursday by Boko Haram leader, Abubakar Shekau, as mere propaganda.Army spokesman, Brigadier General Sani Usman, in a statement on Thursday
said their attention had been drawn to the video, which was filmed in an undisclosed location.

He assured members of the public to go about their normal business, but remain vigilant.

Usman said: “While effort is ongoing to subject the video for further forensic analysis, the Nigerian Army wishes to reiterate that it has captured and occupied the last known stronghold of the terrorists group in the Sambisa forest.

“We would like to reassure the public that this video is nothing but mere terrorists propaganda aimed at creating fear in the mind of people and to remain relevant.”

“Therefore, there is no cause for alarm, more so as concerted effort in clearing the vestiges of Boko Haram terrorists wherever they might be hiding is still ongoing,” he stated.

Usman also added that the troops in various parts of the North East will continue to intensify search for people associated with Boko Haram.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...