Tuesday, 9 February 2016
How DSS ransacked King Tuner’s Abuja residence; made away with money, vital documents
Latest report has it that the DSS officials made away with some vital documents belonging to the monarch, including insignificant amount of dollars, pound sterling, naira and rupee, Leadership reports.
The DSS is yet to explain why it ransacked King A.J Turner’s house in Abuja while he was away in Yenagoa Bayelsa State.
However, sources are linking the raid to his closeness with former President Goodluck Jonathan, whose tenure is being probed by the current government led by Muhammadu Buhari.
Among the items carted away from the Bayelsa monarch’s Maitama residence by DSS operatives were:
1) 60 pieces of £50 note;
2) 46 pieces of £20 note;
3) 113 pieces of $100 note;
4) N5,000 (N1000 note);
5) 230 Indian rupee;
6) Complimentary cards of TRENUR Nigeria Ltd – HRH King A.J Turner, 60 Mississippi, Maitama, Abuja;
7) A document containing account numbers of Miss Havi Mabel Turner; Miss Apelega Inengite; A.J Turner and TRENUR Nigeria Ltd;
8) Income & Expenditure book of M.D Matelbot Oil Nigeria Ltd;
9) A document on campaign fund-raising;
10) Some documents on financial transactions among others.
Meanwhile, the King has not reacted to the incident.